Saturday, October 17, 2009

Checklist for Life

I've had a particularly busy weekend, that will continue to be busy and in fact, get busier. Apparently, the world decided that this weekend was the time to pile everything on Megan. Sure a lot of the load has piled on due to my total lack of preparedness. Everytime I realize I'm procrastinating, I think...' tomorrow I will stop procrastinating.' Pretty bizarre logic right? I find myself making these lists on scraps of paper that I find at home or at work, or at preschool. The problem is, I never remember where I put them, so I end up having to start yet ANOTHER list. It doesn't help that I am absent minded, and frequently misplace things...like my wallet that I just realized was missing today...It doesn't help that ON TOP of everything I have going on I also have personal issues I'm dealing with, not to mention other people's issues that I've been made aware of. When I know someone is struggling I want to help...and that's my problem! I can't be selfish and just think about myself, NO, I have to help everyone else first.

So here is my to do list for today. I post it on the internet, where I know it will be. Because let's face it, I'm going to loose my written one anyway.

  • Go to Lee's to get Bread Bowls for the Linger Longer
  • Go to Macey's for Soup and Salad.
  • Get the keys to the Ward Building from Jordan
  • Go to the ward to find out how many plates/forks/cups/spoons etc. I have to get.
  • Call the Relief Society President to see if she can make some treats for Sunday.
  • Make 2 dozen cookies.
  • Pay my Questar Bill, that will be late if I wait any longer.
  • Find my wallet. (Hopefully it's at the movie theatre I went to last night)
  • Find 3 or 4 more crock pots for Sunday.
  • Find SOMETHING to put on the tables so that they don't get all gross.
  • Hollow out 100 bread bowls
  • Taste test the soup to make sure it's actually edible.
  • Make a cooler full of lemonade
  • Get ICE
  • Write my missionary friend, and the friend in the Military.
  • Practice the song I'm singing in Sacrament Meeting on Sunday.
  • Pretend like this soreness taking over my throat is all in my head.
  • 3 papers, 1 quiz and 2 sets of chapter notes...ick.

Maybe I'll sleep and eat at some point. But that stuff's overrated right?

2 comments:

Samantha said...

you' are more than welcome to borrow our crockpot!! call me i'll be home all day!.. in fact i'll call you and see if you want to use it.

Sarah Jane said...

YOU CAN DO IT! I believe in you Lola!