Thursday, March 26, 2009

Because That's What Roommates are For

These are my roommates. I don't know that I've ever introduced them before, but here they are. From left to right...Megan Stoddard, Mandy, Chari, Melissa, Jill and Me, Megan.

Megan Stoddard: or "The Other Megan" as I like to call her. She is the quiet roommate, but she's the nicest most considerate person I know. She is the constant in our apartment. Always kind, always happy, and always up for anything.

Mandy: Mandy Lee is my most recently happily married roommate. I guess she's not really a roommate anymore, but it still feels like it. She is the Mother, always making sure we eat, enough, sleep well and take care of each other.

Chari: My dearest Charissa is the sweetest person in the world. She has a need to make sure everyone is happy. I love that she cares about everyone else more than herself. She's friends with everyone and can listen without judgement.

Melissa: The human fortune cookie. Seriously, she gives the best advice ever. I look to her for all sorts of guidance and comfort. I've never been so impressed with a person my age in my life. She knows herself, who she is and her great worth. How rare that is.

Jill: Jill is my rock. Not only because she has rock hard calves, but also because she is my kindred spirit. She's the one I vent to when things get tough. She supports me, listens to me and keeps me sane when I'm at my wit's end. Without her I could not stand.

Then there's me, and I'm just...me.

I'm lucky.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Megan - she is Wall-e. She cleans up the planet, has a good impression on everyone she meets, and enjoys a good musical every now and again. She can bring you down to earth, but will also follow you out of this world if she knows it can help you. She is genuine, loyal, original, fun, and all around essential to happiness in the human race.

Sarah Jane said...

What cute girls you are!