Thursday, March 19, 2009

Uniquely Logan

Let me take a minute to talk about the wonderful place I live. Only in Logan do you see the following:

  • Men in cowboy boots and chaps going in to banks and restaurants
  • College students in t-shirts and shorts during 50 degree weather. (Someone wore a bikini to class today)
  • Kamakaze squirrels darting in front of walking students. (Yes this has happened to me)
  • Old fashioned cars at a retro McDonald's.
  • Box elder bugs in mass, flying into car windows and crawling up classroom walls.
  • A sink full of ice cream being inhaled in an hour.
  • A man in a cowboy hat and shorts riding a bicycle that was much to small for him. (he was serious.)
  • Gym clothes mixed with flip flops and a cowboy hat.
  • People riding their horses on main streets.
  • A sold out spectrum (quite a sight to see, not to mention a death trap. Can you say fire hazard?)
  • Cops giving tickets for going 30 in 25 mile an hour zone.
  • A semi truck with a trailer carrying get this...mail trucks.
  • Run-down homes, still incredibly beautiful despite their run-downness
This is what I love about Logan. It is constantly surprising with it's unique places and it's even more unique people. I live in a hilarious place.

3 comments:

Sarah Jane said...

Hehe, I don't know if I can go to Utah State if there are kamakaze squirrels! Ah, squirrels are my phobia.

Anonymous said...

Haha, love it. Speaking of unique, how 'bout them green chaps down in Toole....yikes!

Olivia Ostler said...

I've seen ice cream inhailed in an hour outside of logan...just sayin.

love ya!