Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Crunch Time

50 Days! Steve and I have 50 days until our wedding. Now to most of you, that seems like an incredibly long time and nothing to get very excited about. I have had friends who’ve been engaged around that long and have felt it was the longest time of their life (i.e. Jessie, Mandy Abbie). However, when your engagement is a total length of 181 days, 50 days is not long at all.

So, we’re getting down to crunch time on the wedding planning. EVERYONE is feeling the strain, no one as much as Steve and I, with maybe the exception of my Mother. We’re slowly getting everything done, the guest lists, the caterers (and by caterers I mean shaved ice people), the flowers, the apparel of everyone involved. We’re meeting with the woman who’s doing our cake, putting the finishing touches on my dress, taking my bridals, and beginning the long list of Bridal Showers in the next two weeks. We’re also working with Steve’s parents being gone the 8th through the 17th, mine gone from the 23rd to the 31st and a Lake Powell trip with the English and Redd Families the first week in August. So as you can see, we’ve got lots of things to do, and less time to do them in.

The good news? Lindsay and I are going through the temple together Friday, and I don’t know that I’ve ever looked forward to anything more…except of course marrying Steve. Lindsay and I had a special day with Grandma yesterday so we could get our temple clothes and I think it’s safe to say we’re all set. It’s nice to know that I’ll have some way to relieve the stress that will probably plague me until my wedding day.

We have a lot to be excited for in the next month or so… 4th and 24th of July fun, Ben Folds Concert, family vacations and parties, weddings of friends and visiting family. We’re lucky to be having lots of family come out for the wedding. My Grandparents Boucher will be here with my Uncle Jeff and Aunt Beth from Arkansas for the first time since my brother Ryan left for his mission. Steve’s brother and sister-in-law Paul and Tenille and their adorable sons are coming from Syracuse. Steve’s having other family from California come as well, and we’re still waiting on some other family to make their plans, but we are SO excited and blessed to be able to have our loved ones come to our wedding.

It's been a long process, but it's been an incredible learning experience for Steve and I. We've become closer than ever, and we are so excited to see what the next 50 days has in store for us!

2 comments:

Samantha said...

yey! I'm so excited for you!! oh my goodness it's coming up so fast!!

Sarah Jane said...

AH ONLY 50 DAYS! FREAK! We got lots of bonding to do before you tie the night!