Thursday, May 22, 2008

Inbetween


I've decided I miss the stage of being inbetween dating and not. My sister Sarah (the one inthe middle) is turning 16 in 9 days, and is in that very place. She likes this boy ever so much and he has definitely taken an interest in her. Sarah, was the child that swore she would never have a boyfriend or go on dates like I did. She said that boys were over rated and immature. I kept trying to tell her that it would happen to her eventually, and that I had similar view at her age. Now I am proven right, but admit I am slightly jealous at the position she is in. Right now she is in the stage where dating is new and exciting. There is no pressure, just fun...no expectations, just excitement. You know how it feels, when you get to hold someone's hand for the first time, and aren't sure what will happen next. It's an incredible feeling, and it's something I feel like I'm missing out on now.
I'm sure it doesn't have to be that way, but I feel like as you get older, it's easier to move into more of a committed relationship, more quickly. Who cares about holding hands when making out is more fun? Who needs to talk when there's tongue involved right? That is the attitude most people around me seem to have. I just want to get excited about the preliminary stages and be able to stay in that fun stage for a little bit longer when I'm in a relationship. I sort of feel like if a guy can let us stay in that place he's definitely worth sticking around for! There isn't a rush with me.

1 comments:

Ben Miller said...

It's weird going someplace for two years suppressing all thoughts of anything silly with a member of the opposite sex. Well, let me rephrase that; On the Mission dating is probably the furthest thing from your mind, or at least it should be. Sure you can see a good looking girl and appreciate the beauty, but that is where it ends, no looking twice, no thoughts of "hey, I want to ask that girl out." It just ends, and you move on. On return just hanging out with girls is a bit overwhelming, at first anyway. But then comes along the first date, second date and so on, meeting new girls, the excitement returns. I feel like I am sixteen again, except this time my understanding of things is a bit enhanced. Holding hands sounds like a blast! (no I am not hinting anything) Heck no, I am waaay to scared to kiss anyone. What's this about tongue? People actually do that? gross! Even though I have had a few relationships it all feels so new to me and the concept seems so foreign. But at the same time the awkwardness is followed by an increased excitement, Bring it on!

Wow that turned into a run on paragraph real quick, sorry,

-ben