Wednesday, May 14, 2008

How many ways can you say entrancing?

Okay, So I don't know how many of you have seen the movie "Dear Frankie," but I watched it last night and became entranced in the absolute beauty of the movie. Have you ever watched something and became momentarily breathless? This is how this movie made me feel. Honestly, tears came to my eyes, and not because the movie was sad at all but because I was captivated by it. The last time I was this mystified about what I watched in a movie was the first time I saw Elizabethtown. Words, storylines, characters, actors...forgettable. The film's ability to pull you in by it's cinematography alone is what makes it memorable. This along with music, can create an image the viewer never forgets. (as you can probably figure out, I highly recommend this movie.)
Watching this movie was a perfect escape from the rest of the world. Right now my life consists of playing mom to a family of 5 kids while their parents are out of town. Unfortunately this family isn't the Cleavers, so they have a set of problems and stresses all their own. It's hard to come in unaware of the issues and feel comfortable in an environment like that. So let's just say the escape was a welcome one.
On a lighter note...wait does anyone have a lighter note?

2 comments:

Abigail said...

On a lighter note, I love your guts to the end. And I definitely know what you mean by entrancing.

Andrew/Andy/Rusty said...

That is always the sign of a great movie or show.