Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Running on Empty

If you think this post is about my car, you are sorely mistaken! This year at school I am beginning the hardest phase of college. Not only are my classes becoming more difficult, but I am also taking on a car payment, tuition payments, as well as a job at Deseret First Credit Union.

Initially I knew it was going to be hard. I figured that it'd take a lot out of me the first couple of days of school, but I didn't imagine that I would be soooo tired! I go from 7:30 to 6:30 everyday without a real break. Even though I am sitting in class and at my job, mentally I have to be there. I feel like I just go and go and go and unfortunately I don't have the energy to do that. So I don't know how I am doing all that I'm doing but it's happening. I know it's a cheesy phrase but I'm finding the strength I never knew I had.

So other than running a million miles a minute I think this year is going to be really great for me! My roommates are adorable girls, all extremely nice. They like to go out and do things and always invite me to come along which is definitely a bonus cause I get to know more people. My ward is full of fun people, and I like my job. I feel like I can really make this work. It's going to be hard, but it will be so worth it! And I can do it, I don't need anyone else to help me. I can do it! What an amazing feeling.

4 comments:

Becky said...

That's totally how I felt last year, with the exception of the car payment. It seems like a lot to handle I know, but it will get better trust me. You CAN do it, I know you can.

Shan said...

I've totally been there. But you've got this. Promise. I have faith in you! Love ya Megs!

Sarah Jane said...

I MISS YOU and Lucy! You should come home and stay with me forever. The end.

P.S. Bono is a magician and in my soul but not my secret soul cause Antonio Banderas is in there.

Abigail said...

You're a machine! What I wouldn't give to be up there with you. You're amazing.