Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Dream Doctor


When I was five, I had a recurring dream that there were snakes covering every inch of my house. I haven't cared for them since.

Now, since I have moved up to college, I have had another recurring dream. I have had this dream 3 times in the last 2 weeks. Strange right? But what is even stranger is that these are not the first occurences of the dream. Last year at school, I had dreams with the same people, places and themes. So what do they mean?

What are these dreams about you might ask? Well that is personal. But my point is, why would I continue to have the same dream. Is it a sign? Is the dream going to come true? Or is the dream not going to come true and I should prepare myself for the worst? Dreams are manifestations of our unconscious or something right? The problem is that if they're supposed to be telling me what I secretly want or hope for, shouldn't I have some idea of what that is?

2 comments:

Lacey said...

Do you want the scientific answer for dreams? They say that you have random thoughts that never got processed just sitting in your brain stem until you fall asleep. Then they turn into your dreams. Maybe you aren't processing it right! :) You can also go to http://www.thecuriousdreamer.com/dreamdictionary/ and it can give you the meaning of your dream.

Sarah Jane said...

It's ok that you have dreams that I am a penguin, it is probably that you miss me so much and have forgotten what I look like! Hehehehe! I think the dream problem comes from our genetics because you me and Lindsay all have odd dreams.