Friday, December 4, 2009

Christmas Songs

Okay, so I'm a sentimental fool when it comes to Christmas music. Several songs almost bring me to tears, which is kind of a big deal for me. These songs include, but are not limited to:

  • Where Are You Christmas: Especially the version with that adorable little girl singing it!
  • My Grown Up Christmas List
  • A Special Night: Rarely heard, and usually just in Sacrament Meetings
  • When Christmas Comes to Town
  • The Christmas Shoes
  • Believe
  • I'll Be Home For Christmas
  • Were You There: Also usually performed in Sacrament Meeting
  • Do You Hear What I Hear: When sung correctly with no fancy pop fanfare

I'm sure some of you laughed when you read these titles. But, I have no intention of letting you change my mind. I like what I like so sorry if you don't. So I'm a Christmas Song Sap, leave me alone.

As for my other favorites, that don't bring me to tears, but make me happy every time I hear them:

  • A Wonderful Christmas Time: Paul McCartney, if you didn't know that, shame on you.
  • White Christmas: The Bing Crosby version, really is there any other good version?
  • Have a Holly Jolly Christmas
  • Silent Night
  • Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas: James Taylor
  • Santa Claus is Comin to Town: Springsteen....excellent
  • God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen/ We Three Kings: Barnaked Ladies and Sarah McLachlan
  • O Come, All Ye Faithful

2 comments:

Sarah Jane said...

Megs. I really feel that Grownup Christmas List does not deserve a slot on the list...CHEESY! Hahaha! I love our ultimate Christmas mix though...SO TIGHT!

Kate said...

I'm gonna have to agree with Sarah Jane on this one. I think grown up christmas list has to= one of my least favorite christmas songs ever right above "last christmas." and "Mary, did you know?" Of course she knew! ah. Anyways- you're cute :)