Monday, July 20, 2009

Blink


I've never really explained my obsession with Lost before. I mean I'm sure I've mentioned it in posts gone by, but never have I admitted that in almost every situation I face in life big or small I can relate something in it to an episode of Lost.

In this case, I am reminded of an episode in Season 2 in which Kate finds the abandoned medical station. Long story short there is a light at the end of the hall that blinks and continues to blink and make that awful noise that light bulbs make when they're ready to die. This light bulb image is also seen on the disk menu of that Season. Yes I know things like that, pathetic maybe, but it has been engrained in my brain regardless. It's a flashing light at the end of a long, dingy hallway. I always think that the light will suddenly go out, but it doesn't. That lightbulb as since moved locations and now lives above my desk. Torturing me with it's awful florescent glow and screaching sounds. (If you are not familiar with Lost, but have ever seen Joe Versus the Volcano, you should know what I'm talking about.)

Of course it doesn't matter to anyone else, because my cubicle is surrounded by 4 empty cubicles, one on each side. So the possessed light doesn't affect anyone else. But I'm about 10 seconds away from shooting it with a rubber band, to put it out of it's misery forever.

So I'm pretty sure this light has decided to see how long it can keep blinking before I completely lose my mind. I could very well go into shock, have a seizure or get motion sick. I'm already seeing bluish spot whenever the light dulls. But I won't give in! You will not defeat me stupid light...you might be creepy and remind me off lost...but you will not defeat me!

0 comments: