Thursday, July 16, 2009

Top Ten Reasons Why My Dad is Superior to All Others

Reason 10: People say my dad looks like Mel Gibson (pre-passion of the christ era). And my friends say he sounds like Kronk. A HUGE compliment!

Reason 9: He taught me how to drive a snowmobile at age 8. Though it was a painful and laborious process, he never gave up. Now when we go snowmobiling, I'm the driver, instead of the whimpy rider on the back. He also taught me the need...the need for speed. (and a love for the movie TOP GUN) Probably not always a good thing, but in this case much appreciated.

reason 8: He comes to my rescue when I pop a tire...even at 11:30 when I'm stuck in downtown Salt Lake. I hid in the backseat of my car until he came, but when he did....I don't think I've ever been so relieved. Sounds a little nuts, but I love that my dad will save me when I need him to!

ReAsOn 7: His favorite thing to ask is "Have I given you a hug today?" and even if you say "yes" he hugs you anyway.

Reason 6: He has an uncanny ability to hide 20 dollar bills in my car, where I won't notice them until I need them. Also...he seems to know exactly when I'm out of money, even when I try to hide it.

Reason 5: He somehow always manages to know when I'm having a hard day...even when I'm in Logan. On the hardest and most heart wrenching days in my life I always have either a message, an e-mail or a phone call from my dad. He always has the best advice for those situations, I value it more than anyone else's. He is so in tune with his kids.

Reason 4: He speaks Spanish to the workers at Cafe Rio, even though they look at him like " why are you talking to me you silly gringo. "

Reason 3: He's given me a pretty high standard when it comes to dating. To see the way he treats my mom, like a queen...has raised my expectations of what my future husband should be like. I won't for settle for anything less.

Reason 2: He's never missed a performance. I've performed a lot over the years, and even though it's not always my dad's favorite thing, he's always there to cheer me on. He even sang a duet with me for a Christmas Concert, even though he was super nervous. I'm sure he's filled is quota for a lifetime, but he still comes to everything important to us.

Reason 1: He's got a rock solid testimony. My dad converted to the church when he was in high school in Arizona. He turned around and went on a mission to Spain the next year with virtually no support from his family. His parents converted while he was gone, and have remained active ever since, though the rest of his family have continued to stay committed (broad term) to their other religions. Since he joined the church my dad has held many callings, fulfilled every obligation and never ever looked back. It's a trait I truly admire in him.




1 comments:

Sarah Jane said...

OH I love our Dad! What a gem! All those things are right on the money! I am tempted to show him this!