Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Writer's Block

I had an amazing idea for a blog today. It's been a few days since I last blogged, and I felt that it could use another update. The problem was, when I pulled up this page to type my amazing idea...I couldn't find the words. Do you ever get serious writer's block? I know exactly what I want to say in my brain, but whenever I go to type it, the words don't flow nor do they make sense. Maybe it's because I know what I'm going to say could upset some people...or could easily misconstrued by those who read it. Sometimes it's hard having a blog that people know about. I guess that's what journals are for, writing the things you couldn't say out loud. Places to vent...that only your posterity will read long after you're gone. No chance of repercussions there.

Speaking of repercussions...I don't always think about those when I make a decisions. I hardly ever stop and think, "is this going to come back and bite me in the butt?" and guess what? More often than not, it does! Now why does that surprise me? I guess I just get too excited at the grandness of the latest decision that I don't weigh what the outcome will be. I am easily carried away by the promises that the new decision will be. I mean, who wouldn't be right? It's new...it's exciting...To think about the negative consequences that would arise would be a downer. To constantly worry about how so and so would feel, or what I would do after, or how it would be financially possible would not be things that I think about. Especially when thinking about those things would cause me to miss out on the one thing...The BIG thing...the exciting thing!

I guess I'm selfish, but I can't stand to let something great go cause I'm worried about the repercussions.

Well, there it is I guess. It sort of came out...not in the exact way I wanted it to, but there it is.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Megan, your blog is so freaking exciting to read. It's either deep and mysterious or crazy fun and bubbly. Kind of like you! Hehe, that was to be taken as a compliment. I hope all is well. Love you tons